LEED Certified Headquarters
The Lithia Motors headquarters building was constructed in 2012 with innovative green building principles in mind and, therefore, received LEED Silver certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
LEED provides building owners and operators with a framework for identifying and implementing practical and measurable green building design, construction, operations and maintenance solutions.
An average of 70,000 kWh of
electricity generated by solar
panels each year ”
• Energy-efficient heating and cooling systems to circulate fresh outdoor air into the building for both efficiency and comfort
• SWISSPeaRL® panels to direct rainwater down a water barrier behind exterior building panels, which is then used to water planters at the base
• Energy-efficient lighting, with ample natural lighting and sensors to shut off lights in unoccupied spaces
• Environmentally sustainable building products, furniture and furnishings containing significant quantities of recycled materials
• Roof-mounted solar panels providing about 60% of our energy
• Recycling receptacles in every breakroom and copy room
• Recycled-content paper products in all breakrooms
• Water bottle filling station to promote sustainable bottle use
• Dyson airbladeTM hand dryers in all restrooms and locker rooms to reduce paper towel waste
• Exterior break and dining spaces, providing plentiful access to fresh air
" 1,000+ water bottles saved from the landfill every week by our bottle filling station "